The theme for the 2013 year of the Kaleidoscope Gathering is "Heroes." The theme for this year's gathering is "Heroes." Heroines and Heros stride forth from the stories, legends and myths of our peoples. Their bold character expresses the virtues to strive for in our lives’ journeys, their hubris and tragedy teaches us and deepens our understanding of the human condition. The story of their spirits inflames our spiritualties. Each of us is on our own heroe’s journey in this life, where the lore of the Pagan past can become the roadmap for our Pagan present. ... oh, yeah, and there will be costumes!
Check back here later to open the 2013 Program Listing, after May 2013.
Click here later to open the 2013 Program Listing in a new window, after May 2013.
The theme for this year's festival is "Heroes." Let this serve as inspiration for your workshop ideas (even though any Pagan topic is good, really). Please check out the Quork blog post discussing a few of the many possible workshop ideas:
- Myth involving heroes and heroines
- Personal stories of travels to sacred and legendary sites (e.x., Glastonbury, gravesites of heros, etc.)
- Techniques of divination
- Importance of quests in our everyday lives
- Stories of myths and legends involving heroes
- Costuming like Heroic societies (e.x., Romans, Greeks, Celts, Norse, Finns)
- Gods, Goddesses, and spirits who help heroes on their journeys
- Expositions on virtue and living the good life
- Music on the theme of destiny and life's journey
- Significance of drama and storytelling in Pagan cultures
- Spirituality in the Heroic Age
Every year, attendees of the KG offer up amazing workshops on a variety of topics. There is a lot of information needed in order to be able to write-up the workshop, presenter bio, find the right workshop location, time and date for the your workshop to be held.
In order to help facilitate the work of the Programming Fairies, using the Workshop Webform below (after May 2013) will ensure that the necessary information is provided. You may also send the same information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KG staff will get back to you to confirm receipt of your email, and will follow up in the late Spring with any questions or clarifications needed.
Please note that due to the incredible number of workshops that have been offered in the last four years, we may need to limit the number of workshops by each person. Please submit them in the order of your preference. If you have no preference yourself, workshops related to the yearly theme may be given preference.